I humbly offer a sincere apology to all of our wonderful readers out there for not posting in who knows how long! I now must explain why. 9 months ago our mother was called to direct and put on a play production for the church. She has had a dream since she was a small girl to direct the play
Annie. And she was given the opportunity to make that dream happen. So she got everything for it then planned and then try-outs came around in August. Since she promised to do a play that involved lots of children we (her kids) were bound to get not only a part...but the parts we wanted. Heh heh. Casting was hard for her and she spend meany hours praying and fasting. Finally the decision was made. My younger sister Talitha was giving the part of the name of the show. Annie! Abby was cast as the whiny littlest orphan Molly. The oldest orphan and the bully to everyone was played by non-other then...(drum roll)..........ME! I know, I know, shocking perhaps. But it's the truth. Moving on! My mother did not have a very hard time casting the stupid, dumb, blond girlfriend of Rooster (the brother of Miss Hannigan). Priscilla portrayed her perfectly! And last but certainly not least our dear Ford. He played.....several parts. A Police man, the schfuar to Oliver Warbucks, and the Sound Guy in the Radio show. The little boys, Dad, Sarah, and Lani could not be in it.
Anyway. Here are some pictures.
Picture of most of the orphans.
Talitha (Annie) practicing the Radio Show. (Boylen Sisters and tap dancing boy in back)
Radio Show. (Ford aka Sound Guy, Jimmy Johnson, Wacky, Bert Healy.)
Boylen Sisters.
Orphans and Hannigan
Well that's all! Again I apologize for not keeping up with the blog. I'll try to do a post a day. They wont all be very long but I will try. I hope that you all have a great week. And Merry Christmas!
Ruth
Love this post :) I'm glad the play went so well and I can't believe how grown up Ford and Talitha look. Keep this up! I want to see more and more...
ReplyDeleteI will!
Delete